TimeFX Chorus / Flanger
TfxMod is a chorus / flanger effect AudioUnit Extension plugin. It uses delay lines which are inspired by BBD (bucket brigade device). The delay line is identical to the delay line of the TfxEcho except its buffer length. The delay line uses fixed length buffer and an artificial clock to sample input signal in variable sampling rate. When the delay time is changed, the delay line can produce pitch change effect which is similar to the behavior of the BBD based chorus / flanger unit.
- Delay Time: From 1 ms to 40 ms
- Feedback: 0%
- Modulation width: From 0 ms to +/- 1 ms
- Modulation Mode: mode1, mode2, and mode3
- Delay Time: From 1 ms to 20 ms (mode1&2), From 1 ms to 13 ms (mode3)
- Feedback: From 0 % to 100 %
- Modulation width: From 0 ms to 39 ms (mode1), From 0 ms to 19 ms (mode2), From 0 ms to 12 ms (mode3)
- Adjustable lowpass filter and high-pass filter.
- Modulation rate: From 0.01 Hz to 10 Hz
- LFO Frequency can be synced to the tempo provided by the host application.
- LFO Waveform: Continuously variable from sine wave to triangle wave.
- Stereo Width: LFO Phase offset from 0 degree to 180 degree.
Range from 1ms to 40ms (Chorus), from 1ms to 13ms / 20ms (Flanger)
Range from 0% to 100% (Flanger)
Range from 0% to 100%
Range from 20Hz to 500Hz
Range from 1000Hz to 20000Hz
Range from 0.01Hz to 10Hz
Range from 0.0 to 1.0 (Chorus: from 0ms to +/- 1ms, Flanger: from 0ms to 12ms / 19ms / 39ms)
ON or OFF
ON or OFF
ON or OFF
ON or OFF
From 0Hz to 22.05KHz (effect)
*Appearance and specification of products are subject to change without notice.
User Guide (V1.6)
- Initial release
- [Flanger] LFO Intensity dial acts more close to the width knob of the vintage flanger pedal.
- [Flanger] Delay time dial act more close to the manual knob of the vintage flanger pedal.
- [Flanger] Feedback is adjusted to be useable in all range from 0% to 100%.
- [Flanger] Modulation in higher LFO frequency is adjusted to stay in useable range.
- Fixed distortion caused by large feedback amount.
- Fixed distortion caused by switching effect mode from flanger to chorus.
- [Flanger] Modulation behavior can be selected from three modulation modes. Mode1 is equivalent to the modulation behavior of the version 1.0. Mode2 is equivalent to the modulation behavior of the version 1.1. Mode 3 is newly added and range of the modulation is limited to 13 ms so that the modulation stays in the range of the flanger effect.
- [Flanger] Fixed problems of the feedback gain control.
- Fixed click noise caused by turning effect button on or off.
- Label of effect button is changed.
- Fixed a problem in initialization process of AudioUnit Extension which may leads the AudioUnit Extension to crash or may leads state recovery to fail.
- Support iOS 14 / iPadOS 14.
- Support iOS 15 / iPadOS 15.
- Support iOS 16 / iPadOS 16.